There have been many advancements in the medical industry thanks to modern technology. In fact, there have been numerous studies that now link oral health and heart disease. Did you know, by taking care of your smile, you are helping to take care of your heart? Yes, it’s true! Your oral health is connected to your body and needs particular attention too.
Our dentists are happy to help you with your oral health needs and give you a dental exam. That is why our team at DentaQuest Oral Health Center in Westborough, Massachusetts, is excited to share this information with you on how heart disease is now linked to your oral health.
Here is a list of information on the connection between oral health and heart disease:
– Heart disease can impact your oral health as the spread of bacteria travels from your mouth and into other areas in your body.
– Poor oral hygiene can lead to heart problems including a greater risk for atherosclerosis and strokes.
– If you fail to properly clean out your mouth on a daily basis, you can increase your risk for heart disease.
– Bacteria from your mouth that travels through your bloodstream can lead to a heart condition known as endocarditis.
– Oral health diseases such as gingivitis can increase your risk for heart disease.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you know it’s time for a dental checkup, please call us today and make an appointment at 508-329-2250. Our friendly dental team is happy to review your oral health and help you in any way we can.